Tuesday 31 July 2012

Yum Cha Bar, Northpark Shopping Centre

A shopping centre seems like a curious place to go for yum cha but Yum Cha Bar in the Northpark Shopping Centre seems to think its a good idea. I'm not as convinced.

The yum cha here is pretty decent - plump, juicy dim sims; tofu skin rolls stuffed with roast pork; and sticky lotus leaf rice flecked with generous amounts of chicken, shiitake mushroom and Chinese sausage.

YumChaFromYumChaBar

As a veteran of many yum cha meals I had two problems when I ate here - 1) many of their items had sold out despite my being there early in the day and 2) the staff were really REALLY pushy and kept trying to sell me meals I didn't want.

If you work near Northpark Yum Cha Bar will make a nice treat for lunch but the limited menu, pushy service and sterile dining room means its probably not worth making a special trip if you don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment