Tuesday 13 April 2010

Bites of Europe

The newest storefront (and a fancy schmancy store front it is!) in Southern Cross Arcade; Bites of Europe offer culinary delights from beyond the Iron Curtain. I like to be the first to try new lunch places, and I tried Bites of Europe within it's first week of opening.


I ordered goulash and meatballs with rice and a potato filo pie.


Though the meat in the goulash was fall apart tender, it was a little bland. The meatballs were juicy and firm to the bite. I’d definitely order them again. The rice was flavoursome. I’m still not sure what to make of the potato filo pie. It started off bland, but the more of it I ate the more flavour developed. I’d have to try it again to be sure how I feel about it.


I spoke to the very friendly (and quite attractive) store owner after my meal and raised the issue of the bland goulash. She said that she had received this feedback before, but she felt they had to tone their goulash down to make it more approachable for the general public. I'm told they'll be investing in some condiments and spices for the more daring eaters to add to their meals.

Bites of Europe also offer some delicious looking stuffed capsicums, rizzoto (capsicum and rice), salad and cakes. So, show the new guy some support and give them a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment